In today’s episode Sam Wilson tells us about a little known investment opportunity: parking lots. Looking for a way to scale his real estate investments, and tired of the stiff competition and headaches that came with owning and managing single family properties, Sam turned to a business that provides a steady stream of cash flow with very low risk. Over the past five years Sam and his business partner have transacted almost $300,000,000 in parking. Learn some of what it takes to find, acquire, and operate parking lots and whether this is an asset you might consider including in your own portfolio.
- No more tenants and toilets: how Sam switched from single family to parking lots.
- How to offset your risk with a guaranteed lease rather than a management agreement.
- What are demand generators in parking?
- Who you want as your operators.
- What difficulties or competition you can expect when looking for a new asset.
- Where you should look for quality properties and how to find them.
- Ways to improve income on a parking lot.
- What kind of investor is best suited to this type of asset.
Mentioned on today’s episode: